Non Radioactive Southern Blotting - Teaching

Dr Mick Jones mjones at rpms.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 06:27:34 EST 1998

Hi

I run a MSc course, and the students carry out various mol biol
techniques, in particular a Southern blot, Northern blot and lambda
phage library lift screening.

Up until now I have used P32 to make radioactive probes to screen the
filters for the above techniques.

I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction (if
considered suitable) for a reliable non-radioactive method of detection
(Amersham ECL, biotin, digoxigenin, etc) to be used with the above three
techniques.

Many thanks

Could people reply direct to my email address (as well as the news
group).

mjones at rpms.ac.uk

Cheers

Dr Mick Jones, Lecturer in Molecular Virology
Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Imperial College
School
of Medicine
Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London, W12 0NN
Tel:  0181-383-3328;  Fax:  0181-383-2299
email:  mjones at rpms.ac.uk