Biometra T3 thermocycler

Richard Williams rwilliam at worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 08:51:41 EST 1998

Is anyone using the Biometra T3 PCR machine? (i.e., the fairly new 3 block
successor to the Trioblock Thermoblock, with integral heated lids and LCD
display). We've had some problems with PCR program files becoming
corrupted, and are trying to find out if this an issue with the machine
itself, or something to do with our lab environment (voltage spikes or
troughs from a potentially 'dirty' mains power supply have been suggested
as possible culprits). Our local Biometra distributors are unaware of any
problems with this model.

Richard.