cloning palindromic sequences

Dave Knaebel knaebel at polaris.clarkson.edu
Tue Oct 27 15:53:06 EST 1998

I am working with a student to clone a 39 bp palindromic sequence which
is not available through normal channels, so we are having a ssDNA 39
mer made, heating it, and annealing it to itself (Tm is about 86 C). We
expect some hairpins to form, but for there to be a population of the
desired dsDNA 39bp sequence, which we then wish to clone into a pUC
based vector.

We have met with minimal success using a similar approach, but would
appreciate any insights from other researchers who have worked with
palindromic sequences.

Thanks much,

Dave Knaebel
Bio Department