generating Abs against MBP-fusion proteins

Frederik Boernke boernke at nospam.ipk-gatersleben.de
Wed Oct 28 18:25:32 EST 1998

Hi folks,

I have this protein perfectly expressing in E. coli as maltose-binding
protein fusions using NEB's pMAL-c2 vector. Besides of in vitro charac
terizations, I'd like to use this proteins to booster some rabbits.
Do I need to cleave the MBP or can I use the whole fusion protein for
this. We have done so quite successfully with a thioredoxin fusion
protein but in this case the fusion partner is only 12 kd not 42 as in
the case of MBP. My fusion partners are 35 kd and 115 kd respectively.
Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Ricky

Frederik Boernke