Now Promega has Pfu

Chris Fields cjfields at
Tue Sep 1 14:13:54 EST 1998

I have had great success with Pfu, and I work with high G+C DNA
(65-75%).  I haven't had to optimize my PCR reactions as much as I would
for Taq or Vent.  One drawback : extension time is longer (500
bases/min) as compared to the others, but this is from the 3'->5'
exonuclease (proofreader).

user wrote:
> Was just browsing Promega's web site and noted they now offer Pfu DNA
> Polymerase. Thought only Stratagene had this enzyme. Has anyone tried it
> yet? I've had repeated backorders with Stratagene, and would be great to
> have another supplier.

I've never had problems getting it from Stratagene.  Hmm... maybe it's
becoming TOO popular.

C. J. Fields
Graduate Student, Dept. of Biological Sciences
The University of North Texas
Denton, TX

email : cjfields at
"Giving money and power to government is like giving
 whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"
				-P. J. O'Rourke
"Join the military.  Travel to exotic places, meet
exciting people, then kill them"