c methylation

M. MARINS BGYMM at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 1 09:20:18 EST 1998

Hi there,

           I am trying to analyse the c methylation pattern of a
repeptitive sequence inserted in the genome of Arabidopsis. I am using a
method where, the DNA, after denaturation with heating and NaOH, is
embebed in low melting agarosis. I treat the DNA, now in agarose beads,
with bissulfite (Sigma)...after that, follow PCR...I get no bands, the
masimum is a smear around the expected region of amplification, but
nothing more !!! Does anyone has a good working method for studying
cytosine methylation ? Please, need desperate help !!!
             Thanks, Moozart