Isolation of plasmid DNA from transfected eukaryotic cells

Gonzales hojimo at cts.com
Fri Sep 4 01:03:04 EST 1998

Hello All!

I'd like some advice on which protocol to use to isolate episomal plasmid
DNA from mammalian cells which have been transfected via CaPO4
precipitation. Is there a method that will yield clean plasmid with a
minimum of chromosomal contamination? Is such a thing even possible? Or
does a good genomic DNA prep have enough plasmid in it to use in southerns
and PCR experiments?

Along the same lines, I'd like to know if anyone has used a good DNA
isolation protocol and PCR to detect either episomal or integrated plasmid
in tissues of animals.

Thanks!

Jose E. N. Gonzales

If you wish to E-mail me, please use the following address:
The Immune Response Corporation
jgonzals at imnr.com