ATP removing

Fri Sep 4 17:12:21 EST 1998

In article <35EFFB31.532 at biotec.jouy.inra.fr>, Ina Hinners <hinners at biotec.jouy.inra.fr> wrote:
:Martinec at ueb.cas.cz wrote:
:>
:> Hi everybody,
:> I need to remove easily ATP from solution to stop calcium loading by Ca2+-
:> ATPases. Does anyone have an idea?
:>
:> Jan
:
:
:Dear Jan,
:I know that one can stop ATP-dependent reactions by adding glucose and
:Hexokinase, but I dont remember the concentrations, but this has been
:published quiet often. So take a look at this. Hope this helped you.
:
:Rgegards, Ina
:

2-5 mM glucose and some hexokinase (I can look up my journals if needed).
Also apyrase without glucose but it is less specific and will chew up some
GTP as well.

        - Dima