problems with proteases in neutrophil extracts

noone noone at cancer.bham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 8 03:09:03 EST 1998

> Is there another protocol to try or may be a special one for PMNs???

Dear Rudolf,

when I did western on samples from patients, I lysed the cells directly in
9M Urea 150 mM b-mercaptoethanol. Another option (eg when you have to do
the subcellular separation) is to use an inhibitor-cocktail (eg the one by
Boehringer Mannheim). However, I found that degradation is very often
dependent on the way the samples had been handled by the medics before I
actually got hold of them.
Hope this helps,
Peter