Proteases in liver cytosols

Christian Leymann leymann at gmx.net
Mon Sep 14 20:20:17 EST 1998

On 10 Sep 1998 11:08:11 -0700, Mike Green wrote:

:>Hello Everyone,
:>
:>	A simple question regarding the preparation of liver cytosols?  I use
:>10 mM phosphate, 150 mM NaCl to prepare uterine cytosols with no problem
:>of degradation.  Will this same buffer work for liver tissue or are
:>protease inhibitors needed?  Thanks for your input.
:>
:>M.L. Green

As far as I remember in liver is elevated phosphatase activity. This is no problem as long
as you don't need a phosphorylated protein. In this case glycerophosphate helps.
Preparing cytosol I always added 50 microg/ml phenylmethylsulfonylfluorid to inhibit
serineproteases.

Hope this helps,
Christian