Source of cloned gene?

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Sep 14 09:41:32 EST 1998

Chen Ho An <chen at bsm.bioc.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a place where one could get cloned DNA of any
> protein (say Ubiquitin or BPTI), either commercially or otherwise?

Usually you can get the DNA of a cloned gene from the person who cloned
it. Some people will not send away their cDNA which can make things pretty
tedious. (Of course, the usual way of approaching this problem is to use
PCR. But sometimes it does not work very well :-/ )

If you look for the cDNA of a "common" protein, you might as well ask
here where to find it -- somebody on this group might have it; after all,
this is one of the things newsgroups should be for.

--Cornelius.