Velveteen for replica plating

Jarmo Niemi jarnie at utu.fi
Wed Sep 16 08:33:29 EST 1998

In article <6tlqdf$t1n$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com> rafamaldonado at my-dejanews.com writes:

>I am looking for a source of velveteen for replica plating. We used to buy it
>from Replicatech, but it looks like they have disappeared!! Please, if you
>know some provider of velvets and accesories for replica plating, specially
>in Europe, please let me know.

I went to a cloth shop and bought some white cotton velvet. It was cut up,
washed, and a co-worker with a sewing machine handled the edges so
it doesn't unravel. Can be sterilized by autoclaving (dry program)
and works great, at least with Streptomyces.

--
Jarmo Niemi jarnie at utu.fi http://www.utu.fi/~jarnie/