alternatives to immunization with gel band

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Tue Sep 15 21:24:36 EST 1998

In article <35FECB0D.553F61FC at acsu.buffalo.edu>, jnv at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
(Josh VanHouten) wrote:

> Can anyone suggest good alternatives to immunizing animals with a
> protein band cut out of a polyacrylamide gel?

A bit of a vague question .... but I'm curious ....

So, what's the problem with the gel/protein method?
If you don't like the acrylamide you can either electroelute
(or simply elute by diffusion) or transblot the protein
and use the resulting solution or nitrocellulose.
     If you need alternatives to purifying your antigen for
immunisation you'll have to give us some more clues.
          Bernard
--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD