serum free MDCK

William Sun william at neuro.usc.edu
Tue Sep 15 16:14:26 EST 1998

Hello all,

I purchased from ATCC an MDCK cell line adapted to serum free conditions.  To
my dismay, I find these cells very difficult to detach from the dish with
trypsin.  Does anyone out there share this problem?  The small percentage
that gets removed and subcultured has low viability.  There is always many
dead cells floating around.  The tech support at ATCC is of little help.
Any comment/suggestions are appreciated.

--
William Sun, Ph.D
Metabasis Therapeutics, Inc.           Phone: (619) 622-3930
San Diego, CA 92121                    Email: william at alum.mit.edu