PCR with ThermoSequenase?

Benno Röthlisberger bennor at medgen.unizh.ch
Thu Sep 17 06:18:45 EST 1998

Dear Dr. Clark

Thank you very much for your answer. I would like to try a protocol with
ThermoSequenase because till now I used the thermoinstable Sequenase to
amplify the DNA of 1 single chromosome. For this purpose Taq Polymerase
misfortunately is not enough powerful (at least to my experience it only
works well with at least 20 to 3O copies of a template, for example 10
diploid cells). So I have a very nice PCR working protocol for the
thermoinstable Sequenase and I'm looking now for a protocol with the
ThermoSequenase, because I have some information that it works as good as
the Sequenase. Amersham misfortunately never tested this enzyme for PCR but
only for sequencing.

Thank you very much if you can help me.

Yours sincerly

Benno