? Should the name of RE be italics ?

Lars Andrup andrup at internet.dk
Fri Sep 18 02:59:58 EST 1998

The letters derived from the species name should be typed in italic; e.g. EcoRI only the first 3 letters come from E. coli. HindIII is isolated from Haemophilus influenzae.

yours

Lars

--

***************** ooo 000 ooo **********************
Lars Andrup, senior researcher
e-mail: andrup at internet.dk
http://www.ami.dk/research/andrup

    Andy Bettany skrev i meddelelsen <6tt2ar$v9d at is.bbsrc.ac.uk>...
    All the correspondence I have had with referees, journals etc says that they should be typed as e.g. HindIII, BamH1, EcoR1 etc (I hope the Italics come out in this message!!

    Dr. Andy Bettany
    Research Scientist
    Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research
    Plas Gogerddan
    Wales, UK