PCR from blood

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Fri Sep 18 15:26:13 EST 1998

In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.980918111106.30177B-100000 at leofric>, "S. Patel"
<apy019 at coventry.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I have been extracting DNA  from clinical blood samples collected using
> vacutec tubes. I have been experiencing some problems with inhibition in
> PCR. Does anyone have any advise on DNA extraction from blood ie to
> remove inhibition or to improve DNA recovery. Any comments would be most
> helpful.
>
> Thankyou Sushma

I believe that Chelex extraction of the sample removes the inhibitors.
This was published in an article in (I think) Biotechniques where a
variety of forensic specimens were extracted.  I'm sorry I don't have
the reference to hand.
          Bernard
--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD