Building T7 promoters onto primers

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at
Mon Sep 21 06:51:34 EST 1998

Hi Folks,

I need to run a transcript off a 1kb PCR product purely as a means to
generate RNA as a test system for an RT reaction.

I know I can just stick a T7 promoter sequence on the 5' end of one of
my primers but is there any additional extra sequence after the promoter
that would aid/increase the amount of RNA produced? Just wondering. I'll
probably use an Ambion or Epicentre transcription kit.

Many thanks

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.