novobiocin for producing supercoiled plasmids for transfections?

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Sep 24 09:37:25 EST 1998

Hi all!

I just came across a compound named novobiocin. Fluka's catalogue
says it was for production of positively supercoiled plasmids. In
older molbio.methds-reagnts postings the compound is suggested for
curing E. coli from plasmids and it's used as a drug against several
pathogenic bacteria.

It came up in my mind that novobiocin might be used for making
supercoiled plasmids for transfections.
Any ideas on that?

All input is welcome!

Wolfgang
-----
usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de * wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm