Membrane protein doesn't funtion at 37 oC.

Jung Hoon Ahn jhahn at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
Fri Sep 25 23:49:18 EST 1998

Dear readers,
I'm doing reserch on the expression of a ABC transporter in E. coli,
membrane protein from P. fluorescens.
It functions well below 30 oC but is not functional above 30 oC.
The result could be expected because P. fluorescens is
psychotrophic bacteria.
But I want to know more details or possible mechanism
from the view point of molecular biology.
Someone say "protein pertubation above 30 oC"
Others say "hydrophobic mismatch of transmembrane protein above 30 oC."
I have no reference and could not understand the possible mechanism.
Is there anybody who knows well about it? Would you introduce good