DNA recovery

Jing Zhang jzhang at sfu.ca
Fri Sep 25 02:05:07 EST 1998

Hi, do you have any ideas on DNA recovery from agarose gel ?

 I'm doing in vitro transcription and need large amount of high quanlity
DNA template (DNA should be in 10 to 20 microgram) without any RNase or RNA
contamination.
 To prepare DNA template, I usually did miniprep, linearized miniprep DNA
by restriction enzyme digestion, run low melting agarose gel and purified
DNA from LMT gel, I found the recovery of linearized DNA was very low. you
might have experience on in vitro transcription or prepare DNA template for
in vitro synthesis of RNA, how did you get relative large amount of DNA ?
thanks