Membrane protein doesn't funtion at 37 oC.

Patrick F.H. Lai the Graduate Student pfhlai at LOOKSMART.COM
Sat Sep 26 10:50:30 EST 1998

---- Begin Original Message ----
Dear readers,
I'm doing reserch on the expression of a ABC transporter in E. coli,
membrane protein from P. fluorescens.
It functions well below 30 oC but is not functional above 30 oC.
The result could be expected because P. fluorescens is
psychotrophic bacteria.
But I want to know more details or possible mechanism
 from the view point of molecular biology.
Someone say "protein pertubation above 30 oC"
Others say "hydrophobic mismatch of transmembrane protein above 30 oC."
I have no reference and could not understand the possible mechanism.
Is there anybody who knows well about it? Would you introduce good