Delivery of compounds to skin

Patrick F.H. Lai the Graduate Student pfhlai at LOOKSMART.COM
Sat Sep 26 10:15:07 EST 1998

---- Begin Original Message ----
On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:21:03 +0100, J.S. Good wrote:

:>Question : what are the components of skin creams which allow them to be
:>rubbed into the skin? How do I make something similar? I want to deliver
:>molecules across the epidermis. Any hints appreciated - James.

---- End Original Message ----

Dear James,

You need to deliver molecules across the skin, eh ?
May I suggest asking your local pharmacist what (s)he uses in topically administered medications ?

Also, I faintly remember from undergrad pharmacology classes that DMSO (dimethyl sulphoxide / sulfoxide) used to be a common choice, but has been replaced by better carriers in recent years.

Hope this is useful info.   :-)

Patrick F.H. Lai  < PFHLai at looksmart.com >
Graduate Student
University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

P.S.  I am merely a GradStudent.
One should take a HUGE grain of salt with whatever I have typed above.
Good Luck.   :-)

LookSmart … or keep looking.
http://www.looksmart.com