Plant DNA extraction method

Biohazard None at here.edu
Mon Sep 28 14:49:00 EST 1998

Save your $ and try the plant miniprep (scales up perfectly) method of
a year or two ago in biotechniques vol. 20 #6. DNA extraction from
rainforest species (or something like that).  Gives the cleanest DNA I
have seen yet.  You can also modify the protocol to skip CTAB and the
results seem to be as good.

Also see Biotechniques vol. 8 #2.  A simple and rapid method for the
prep. of total plant DNA.

I usually skip RNAse treatments all together and just add a microliter
or two to the final resuspension water/TE.

good luck.