densitrometical analysis

Keith James bss194 at pwilliams.bangor.ac.uk
Wed Sep 30 12:19:57 EST 1998

>>>>> "sabine" == sabine Hanelt <hanelt at uni-duesseldorf.de> writes:

    sabine> Hi netters, we are making nothern blots for enzyme
    sabine> activitiy and especially induced enzyme activity. To
    sabine> analyze the blots we scann them and evaluate them by
    sabine> densitometry. We don't have a program for doing this, so
    sabine> we have to go to other groups to to our analysis.  Now we
    sabine> are planing to buy a programm for denstometric analysis
    sabine> and my question now is which program is the best and the
    sabine> less expensive?  Hope that you can help me.  Thank's in
    sabine> advance Sabine

I wouldn't like to say which program is best as this can be very
subjective. I am very happy with Tn-Image which is a scientific image
analysis program by Thomas J. Nelson. capable of gel and blot
densitometry. It is free for various Unices and for DOS:

http://las1.ninds.nih.gov/index.nih.html

It has a nice manual too.

--
Keith James  --  k.james at bangor.ac.uk  --  http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss194
Biodegradation Group - School of Biological Sciences - University of Wales