detection limit of northern

Leman leman at
Wed Apr 14 17:39:08 EST 1999

On 14 Apr 1999 13:43:09 GMT, MKroiher at wrote:

>Does someone know the detection limits of a radioaktiv northern blot,
>nonradioaktiv methods and RNase protection assays. Citations would be very

Roche Biochemicals (formerly Boehringer Mannheim) DIG system can
detect as little as 0.3 pg of RNA with an RNA probe. Generally 1 ug of
total RNA or 100 ng of poly-A RNA per lane is suffucient. If you use a
DNA probe, you'll need 5 ug of total or 500 ng of poly-A RNA per lane.
I got this information from Roche's DIG workshop about a month ago.
If you need more information, I can look it up. Although, I think you
are better off calling them and talking to their technical support
(800) 262-4911

Good luck,