detection limit of northern

Leman leman at leman.org
Wed Apr 14 17:39:08 EST 1999

On 14 Apr 1999 13:43:09 GMT, MKroiher at biolan.uni-koeln.de wrote:

>Does someone know the detection limits of a radioaktiv northern blot,
>nonradioaktiv methods and RNase protection assays. Citations would be very
>helpful.

Roche Biochemicals (formerly Boehringer Mannheim) DIG system can
detect as little as 0.3 pg of RNA with an RNA probe. Generally 1 ug of
total RNA or 100 ng of poly-A RNA per lane is suffucient. If you use a
DNA probe, you'll need 5 ug of total or 500 ng of poly-A RNA per lane.
I got this information from Roche's DIG workshop about a month ago.
If you need more information, I can look it up. Although, I think you
are better off calling them and talking to their technical support
(800) 262-4911

Good luck,

	Leman