express hybridization recipe wanted!

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Sun Aug 1 09:32:19 EST 1999

On Sun, 01 Aug 1999 01:02:49 GMT,
    Thomas Duchaine (duchaint at vif.com) wrote:
>Hi.
>Some friends of mine told me it was possible to hybridize a Southern or a
>Northern blot, without a hybridization oven, in a matter of one or two
>hours. They did so using a "magical" solution provided by some "magical"
>company. Is anyone here currently using such a solution and, by any chance,
>would know the recipe and would be so nice to be sharing it with me?

I don't have a recipe, but both Stratagene and Amersham-Pharmacia
sell products that require less hybridization time.  Stratagene's
product is called "QuikHyb", and Amersham's is "Rapid-Hyb".  I've
used the latter, and it works well enough, but it fairly expensive.

Ashok
--
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research