5'Ends/GC-rich mRNA/Rare and Alternative

Carla Wood cwood at ih.org
Mon Aug 2 12:29:51 EST 1999

I am investigating the RACE/5'-end technologies for rare GC-rich mRNA
templates with multiple  5'-ends/promoters. I have used the following kits:
Marathon and SMART RACE kits (Clontech) and  Sure-RACE cDNA panels (OriGene
Tech., tissue panels), with limited success to date. I am now
turning to the Version 2.0 5'-RACE kit from Gibco/BRL, as it has been
improved slightly. Also I am
looking into any techniques or kits (kits, not developed yet?) for
ligation-mediated RT-PCR/5'-RACE
which can be useful for rare messages/alternative 5'-ends.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone has found.
C. Wood

Carla M. Wood, Ph.D.
Parker Hughes Cancer Center, The Hughes Institute
2657 Patton Rd.
St. Paul, MN  55113

Phone:  651/628-9988 ext. 206

E-mail: cwood at mercury.ih.org