cloning of small DNA fragments (66 bp)

Gregor st2153 at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 3 05:16:57 EST 1999

In article <37A7098F.55C0 at nospam.ipk-gatersleben.de>,
boernke at nospam.ipk-gatersleben.de wrote:

> thanks for your comment. PCR would certainly work, but I would
> consider the handling of the fragment more as a problem. It's
> hard to gel purify or to qiaquick and I'am not experienced with
> DNA PAA gels. In my opinion the strategy with a minimal number
> of cloning steps will be the best. So maybe I should try PCR,
> digest the fragment and directly clone it into the target vector

> (but how to get rid of the template?).

Hi!

What about Microcon columns? They say that in the column only DNA
fragments larger than about 100bp will be retained. So in this case you
might use the column the other way round and take the flow through instead
of the retained volume in the column,

Gregor
--
Gregor Bucher, LMU München
st2153 at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de

the problem with working on the cutting edge is
that you get sliced from time to time