RNA from abattoir tissue samples

Andrew G. gosbella at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Tue Aug 3 07:07:32 EST 1999

Hi
I am wanting to analyse RNA from cattle eyes collected from a local
slaughterhouse. I am concerned that this abattoir sourced material will be
highly contaminated with RNases etc from the abattoir environment and this
will cause problems.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has sourced RNA from
abattoir tissues. How did you collect, handle and transport the tissue
samples to minimise RNase contamination? Did you get good yields of RNA
from your tissues?

Any tips or suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks very much

Andrew