perkin elmer vs light cycler

Thomas Pfitzner Thomas.Pfitzner at medizin.uni-koeln.de
Wed Aug 4 01:48:58 EST 1999

Hi !
I have seen, that block-cycler protocols cannot be transfered to the
LightCycler directly. You still have to invest some time in optimizing time
and temperature of your PCR reaction, which will not be time consuming
because of short cycling times on the LightCycler. The other thing is: Do
you perform a hot start ?
With low copy numbers (<100-1000 copies) Lightcycler quantification was
only possible when performing a hot start (In my hands).

Good Luck

Thomas Pfitzner

Thomas Pfitzner, MD
Laboratory of Immunotherapy
Department I of Internal Medicine
University of Cologne
LFI, E4, R703
Josef Stelzmann Straße 9
50924 Cologne
Germany
Tel.: +49-(0)221-478-4418 / -5993
Fax.: +49-(0)221-478-6383
email: Thomas.Pfitzner at medizin.uni-koeln.de

this E-Mail consists of 100% recycled electrons
take care of your environment
read it carefully, don't print it, than drop it
freedom for your harddiskspace

---