plasmid inactivation

Richard P. Grant r_grant at see.sig.for.address
Wed Aug 4 02:37:08 EST 1999

In article <37A73668.C2BFF4AB at>, "Jay G. Calvert"
<jcalvert at> wrote:

>Can anyone suggest a good way to inactivate plasmid DNA in the context
>of an animal room (walls, floors, etc.)?

If you just want to make sure it is not picked up and propagated, I guess
a good dose of short wave UV would do the trick.  You get T-T dimers which
stop replication.

Of course, take the animals out first.  :-))

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at
work:        |      home:
        -- I love the smell of phenol in the morning --