Tag Primer

A.F. Simpson AFS7 at le.ac.uk
Wed Aug 4 15:07:36 EST 1999

Chong Wai Yin( Zhang Weixian) wrote:

> Hi! I'm very interested in tagging my primers for PCR with a dye or any
> other tag for that matter. However, I heard from my research supervisor that
> there is no current primers that is tagged by dye. I will like to know if
> tagging the primer with a dye is really possible. If there are any companies
> or any ideas that I can use to tag a dye to a primer. Your help will be very
> much appreciated. Thank you.

Your supervisor is mistaken.  The following is snipped from the
Gibco-LTI oligo synthesis FAQ
(http://www2.lifetech.com:80/catalog/techline/molecular_biology/faqs/oligoqs.html).
I'm sure other companies will also sell moifications, but Gibco is the
one I am familiar with.  Genosys also make lebelled oligos
(http://www.genosys.co.uk/prod01.html)

---
WHAT TYPE OF MODIFIED BASES DO YOU SELL?
 Primers can contain deoxyuracil (at any position except the 3´ end),
deoxyinosine (at any position except the 3´ end), phosphorothioates and
mixed bases (2, 3, or 4 equimolar degenerate bases).
 Also, the following modifications are available from LTI's Custom
Primer service;  5' phosphate, 5' biotin, 5´ fluorescein, 5´ primary
amine, 5´ rhodamine, 5´ HEX, 5´ TET, 5´ 6-FAM, 5' ROX, and  5'  TAMRA.
---

> Kelvin Chong
> Singapore

love