Yeast Two Hybrid System - Web Resources?

biosci-request at biosci-request at
Wed Aug 4 10:58:40 EST 1999

Hi everyone,

Sifting through the results of my latest two-hybrid screen, I decided to
have a quick browse round the net to see what the current state of play was
with the yeast two hybrid system. Surprisingly, their doesn't seem to be
that much information out there; or rather it all seems to be pretty
disparate. It seems a little strange to me that for a system that has so
many little tricks and tips, and with such a huge variety of strains,
vectors, reporters, etc, that there aren't any centralised web sites devoted
to this sort of thing.

So to get to the point, I was thinking of setting up a site to cater for
users of the two-hybrid system. Somewhere that tied together all the loose
ends, so protocols, vector maps and sequences, various kit suppliers, etc,
and maybe some sort of discussion forum where people could compare
experiences (I appreciate that BIONET/USENET exists for this, but I'm not
sure how many people use this compared with the web).

Anyway, this is just a starting point, but I think it could be quite useful.
So if you've got any suggestions or comments, then please get in touch with
me. Replies get to me fastest at: b.young at

Thanks for listening,

Barry Young

Barry Young
University of Manchester