cloning of small DNA fragments (66 bp)

Jim Kami jakami at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 4 20:02:52 EST 1999

    I don't know what your budget is like, but you might want to just
have the fragment synthesized with the restriction ends of your choice.
By way of example; a 66 bp ds DNA fragment with a 4 base overhanging
ends @ $1.00/base and $20 setup fee per strand would be about  $180US.
This is probably less than you would spend in time and materials to
clone and isolate the fragment and you don't have to try to find native
restriction sites.

Jim Kami
Blue Rose Biotech
Davis, California  95616