any useful dye markers for PAA gels (additional to BP and XC) ?

Juergen Brosius RNA.world at uni-muenster.de
Thu Aug 5 05:11:20 EST 1999

For native acrylamide gels (run in Tris-glycine buffer) we are looking for
dyes that would migrate slower than bromophenolblue (BP) or xylene cyanol
(XC).  Stained proteins are OK but not as desirable.  The marker's
migration behaviour differs depending on the running buffer.  E.g. BP runs
faster than XC in Tris-borate, but the order is reversed in Tris-glycine.
So even if you have only experience with an additional dye in one buffer
(such as TBE) you may name it and we try its migration in our respective
buffer.

Thanks for any hints,
                          Juergen

--

Juergen Brosius
Inst. f. Xp. Path./Molecular Neurobiology

Fax: +49  251  835 8512
Tel: +49  251  835 8511