Heterogeneity of protein expression level in transciently transfected cells.

Andrew Leung leungkc at glink.net.hk
Fri Aug 6 22:31:11 EST 1999

Hi all,

    I am going to overexpress a protein in my favorite cells. The results of
transcient transfection lead us to suggest that the level of protein
expression is critical in affecting the responses of transfectants. Because
some transfectants die and some remain normal.

    I would like to ask whether there will be a great variabilty in
expression level among different transfectants in general? If great
variability exists and our gene affecting cell in a dose-dependent manner,
do you agree it is difficult to be shown in transfection experiment and it
requires other experimentation?

Andrew