stability of plasmid

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at
Tue Aug 10 05:48:06 EST 1999

Hi Terry,

Seems like DNAse to me (in any buffer or enzyme) -> check it
this way: incubate aliquots of a plasmid you know that it's ok with
the solutions to test. don't forger to test electrophoresis buffers.

> From:          Terry Lau <tcklau at>
> Subject:       stability of plasmid
> Date:          Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:49:25 +0800
> To:            methods at

> Hi,
> Recently, I clone a insert(about 2.5k) by T/A cloning and I would
> like to cut the insert from the T/A vector. I inoculate the cell
> from the glycerol stock and grow in LB-AMP broth with shaking
> overnight. After miniprep and restriction digestion, I only obtain a
> small smear on the gel. Therefore, , I should retransform the
> plasmid every time. I don.t know what is the problem. Please give me
> any suggestion.
> Thanks a lot!
usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Pathobiochemistry Dept.
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at * wwWait: