Native PAGE

D.Schnapp D.Schnapp at qmw.ac.uk
Mon Aug 16 11:34:58 EST 1999

For cationic antimicrobial peptides of 3-7.5 kDa, I used acid-urea PAGE
as described in Harwig et al. Anal. Biochem. 208, 382-386 (1993), with
methyl green as the tracker dye.

Good luck,

Denni

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Kresten wrote:

> I would like to run native PAGE (no SDS, no beta-mercaptoethanol) of a
> 10 kDa, pI > 9 protein.
>
> Could anybody provide me with a protocol or a reference for this. In
> particular my problems are:
>
> 1. What buffer-system should I use
> 2. Should I use a lower %-gel than I use for normal SDS-PAGE
>    (which is 16%T, 2.6%C)
> 3. How can I determine how long to run the gel. Is there any good
>    coloured marker for running with inversed current
>
> thank you
> Kresten
>
> --
> The address kresten at my-dejanews.com is for
> spambots only. Please mail me at LysLeuLeu at crc.dk
> transforming the pre at -part into my initials.
> Kresten Lindorff Larsen, Dept. Yeast Genetics

Denni Schnapp
Dept. of Paediatric Gastroenterology
St. Bartholomew Hospital
Dominion House						Phone:(0)171/6018469
59 Bartholomew Close					Fax:  (0)171/6005901
London EC1A 7BE			http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_sa/personal/ds4/