E-commerce for life science products - Summary

Joan Evans j.evans at scienceboard.net
Mon Aug 16 14:00:06 EST 1999

The Science Advisory Board (http://www.scienceboard.net) has completed
its study on e-commerce for life science products.  Overall, we found
that scientists are extremely receptive to the concept of obtaining
laboratory products and supplies over the Web.  At the same time, our
members have concerns about the ability of their organizations to
integrate e-commerce with existing purchasing practices.

An Executive Summary of our findings is available for review at:

http://www.scienceboard.net/members.dir/results.htm

Be sure to also read the many insightful comments offered by the
participants in this survey!

The Science Advisory Board is a worldwide panel of 4,300 life
scientists, physicians and other biomedical professionals who convene
electronically to comment on emerging technologies and products used in
research and clinical applications.  If you would like to participate in
future studies, please complete the registration form which can be found
at http://www.scienceboard.net.  Your identity and individual responses
are always held in strict confidence, and participants are compensated
for their time.

Joan Evans
Membership Secretary
The Science Advisory Board