Major advancement in isolation of transformed E. coli

Damian Bond damian.bond at virgin.net
Tue Aug 17 12:10:48 EST 1999

We have replaced the peptones and get bigger colonies. I haven't run enough
experiments to see if there is greater colour intensity, as opposed to
larger colonies.

Is the convenience factor of importance ?

Is it possible to estimate the number of plates run in a typical lab ?

Damian Bond

"Ronan O'Kennedy" <r.o'kennedy at ucl.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:37B83B20.A5316BE4 at ucl.ac.uk...
> I think that the cost outweighs the advantage. Iit is possible to get
> more intense colour development by simply substituting
> Tryptone with mycological Peptone in LB medium.  This also works for
> other
> growth medium..
>
> --

***

> Dr. R. O'Kennedy
> Advanced Centre for Biochemical Engineering
> Dept of Biochemical Engineering
> University College London
> Torrington Place London WC1E 7JE
> ph- +44 (0)171 419 3247