Really random is DNA breakage

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at
Wed Aug 18 08:57:45 EST 1999

In article <7pdtv6$i8m$1 at>, Mr. M.J. Lush
<mlush at> writes
>This is why
>I'm wondering if there are any known bias in cleavage by DNaseI or

I haven't noticed any reports of bias. I would just go ahead and try
both. With an 8kb target you shouldn't need too many colonies to get a
truly representative library. Have look at some of the gene shuffling
papers (July Nature Biotechnology springs to mind) for DNAse conditions.
They tend to chop up targets to 20-40bp so with a bit of playing you
should be able to get the size range you want.

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.
Tel: +44(0)1252376288