Hot start PCR

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at
Sat Aug 21 05:53:15 EST 1999

In article <61ffbf3449.luss at>, Robert Hartley
<r.hartley at> writes
>Cheers from me too Duncan I was told PE's was mAb also.

A little more info on the antibody:

Kodak and Clontech both published the use of anti-Taq antibodies but the
Kodak Eastman group got to the patent first. That patent is now owned by
Ortho Diagnostic Systems Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company. They
initially licensed Clontech who in turn have some sort of distribution
agreement with Sigma. LTI also has a license hence Platinum Taq. I don't
think anyone else is licensed and given the price of a license only
companies with deep pockets need apply.

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.