Absorbance of DNA at 260/280 nm

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 25 10:43:30 EST 1999

In article <hpp0q7.sgc.ln at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de>, Cornelius
Krasel <krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de> writes
>The bases all have their absorption peak around 260 nm. Just put some
>ATP in the spec and watch.

I'm not sure that is totally correct for all bases as the lambda max for
nucleotides is dependant upon both pH and the nucleotide. My 1997
Pharmacia catalogue p395 lists various useful figures i.e. at pH 7.0
dTTP lambda max is 270nm and dGTP is 253nm. I have data sheets from
various manufacturers showing basically the same.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.