Chemicon protein concentrate kit - what's in it?

Dr. David J. Meyer meyerdj at phibred.com
Wed Aug 25 16:02:42 EST 1999

RNA.world at uni-muenster.de (Juergen Brosius) wrote:

>Chemicon offers a protein-concentrate kit using a "Universal Protein
>Precipitating Agent (UPPA)" and suspension buffer for precip. of proteins
>out of solutions as low as 1 ug/ml.  Any idea what might be in it?

>Juergen

>--
>
>Juergen Brosius
>Inst. f. Xp. Path./Molecular Neurobiology
>University of Muenster
>Von-Esmarch-Str. 56
>D-48149 Muenster, Germany

>Fax: +49  251  835 8512
>Tel: +49  251  835 8511

Since proteins are so wonderfully variable in their physicochemical
properties, I would suggest that the main ingredient here is something
called "creative marketing."

This is my own opinion and does not reflect that of my employer.

David J. Meyer, Ph.D.
Quality Traits
Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.
7300 NW 62nd Ave.