missing vector part

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 04:20:22 EST 1999

In article <7q2fc3$i4$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, chrissyl at my-deja.com writes
>So if anyone can actually help me out in the reasoning of this result
>would be very appreciated. One suspicion is 'plasmid rearrangement'
>which seems far fetched, but possible.

If your insert is lethal or at least giving the cell problems then
rearrangements/deletions will be the result. Inducing lac for blue/white
selction will accelerate the problem.

What was your insert orientation (i.e. direction of any ORF's in the
insert) to the lac promoter? I will hazard a guess that it was in the
same orientation and the deletion is between or even including the lac
promoter and the start of the insert.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark