PCR Problems

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 08:28:54 EST 1999

In article <s7c5395a.085 at smtp.unp.ac.za>, Deborah Sims
<SimsD at agric.unp.ac.za> writes
>I am an honours student having problems with my PCR reactions.  I keep
>getting amplification in my control lane which is supposed to have water
>in instead of DNA.  I have checked for contamination but all the
>reagents appear to be clean! Is it possible that the primers are somehow
>being amplified?  Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

More details are needed, in particular what size fragment you are
getting in your negative control and what size you are getting or
expecting to get in a positive.

How have you checked for contamination i.e. define further 'reagents
appear to be clean'?

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark