Immunoprecipitation question...

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Sat Dec 4 13:51:21 EST 1999

In article <Pine.A41.4.10.9912041050560.52810-100000 at acs6.acs.ucalgary.ca>,
Neal Robert Melvin  <nrmelvin at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>Can anyone give me an idea as to how long/what rpm to spin my IP samples
>at during a wash step?? Also, after pelleting the beads, can I vortex to
>re-suspend them for more efficient washing?? Or will a vortex damage the
>beads and/or 'kick' the antigen off the beads?

For the beads I've used, 20 seconds is enough.  I usually give them a
couple of minutes, though.  As for vorteing, I don't do it: just pipetting
in the washes is enough to stir up the beads as a rule and if not I slosh
them around a little as I carry them to the minifuge. But I can't see that
it would cause any problem.

Your .sig is way too long, by the way.

Ian