PCR amplification problems could use some help

R. Jayakumar jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in
Tue Dec 14 05:44:32 EST 1999

Gregor Bucher <st2153 at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de> wrote in message
news:st2153-1412990923480001 at z147.zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de...
> > Jens Tornoe wrote:
> >
> > > Sometimes, PCR is a b*tch. In my previous lab, we had good experiences
with
> > > performing a special PCR-dance before every reaction to please to
gods.
> > > Several of us thought it worked. That is what PCR can do to you...
> >
> > Do as I do: I have a special magic cloning stick. The essential
> ingredients are
> > a stick with a ball-shaped thing on the top, and one smurf. It can be
upgraded
> > to a magic biochemistry stick, magic yeast two hybrid stick, and magic
thesis
> > writing stick.
> >
> > Good luck!
>
> Hi you two:
>
> I do apreciate your sense for magic PCR tricks. But that doesn´t help at
> all - you have to check the moon phases: Do never do a long range PCR with
> declining moon. Don´t go into the lab with full moon. There is also a
> tendency of PCRs to work better on fridays!
>
> yours sincerely,
>
> Gregor
> --
> Gregor Bucher, Zoologisches Institut der LMU München
> 0049/89/5902/444
> st2153 at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de

hey guys
   The three of you are all wrong.  We are a bit more scientific in these
areas.  We follow hindu traditions of doing a pooja on our PCR machine
before we use.  believe try to appease lord indra and varuna.. and
everything will be fine. Then switch on the PCR machine by chanting "om" and
everyting will be OK.  Believe this works even if you don't add any template
bye
jakku

---