PCR amplification problems could use some help

Tim Fitzmaurice tjf11 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 14 07:31:44 EST 1999

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, A.F. Simpson wrote:

> In that lab before that, we just used to offer up a quick prayer to The
> Great God Deep Vent before PCR.  Even when using cheaper polymerases, it
> was considered a good thing to have the Mystic Power of the Deep Vent on
> your side.  (It also helped to avoid the haunted lab bench.)

I use fear...get the PCR machine on your side by leaving a handful of old
resistors and fragments of PCB from the old machine next to it....then it
will do all the rituals for you. The only downside is occasionally the
cyclers make a break for it at night when the lab is unlocked.... :)

Tim
When playing rugby, its not the winning that counts, but the taking apart
ICQ: 5178568